Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You Don't Have To Act Crazy Anymore

I received these gifts in my in-box this morning from my very most favorite astrologer, Rob Brezsny who christened me with the name Shewhobehot. You can check out his website here.

My horoscope for this coming week:

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Her brush with sublime wisdom has done wonders for Paris Hilton. "Kabbalah helps you confront your fears," she told *Us* magazine. "Like if a girl borrowed my clothes and never gave them back, and I saw her wearing them months later, I would confront her." You can snicker if you like, but Paris's testimony exemplifies my main point for you: It's crucial that you get practical use out of your religion or spirituality. So please take measures to vigorously translate your highest ideals into your everyday actions. What would it mean, for example, to invite God to inhabit your lips as you kiss someone? Or to prepare your food as if you were going to offer it to a beloved saint? Or to speak every word as if it were a well-crafted prayer? Ask yourself 20 times a day, what would Buddha (or your greatest hero) do?

And a poem from Hafiz:

You Don't Have to Act Crazy AnymoreYou don't have to act crazy anymore --We all know you were good at that. Now retire, my dear,From all that hard work you do Of bringing pain to your sweet eyes and heart.Look in a clear mountain mirror -See the Beautiful Ancient Warrior And the Divine elements You always carry insideThat infused this Universe with sacred Life So long ago And join you Eternally With all Existence - with God!--Hafiz, translated by Daniel Ladinsky

No comments: