Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Good Cry

I'm in Santa Barbara and it's so warm! This morning was warmer than when I was here in the summer. Beautiful day and we've just returned from dog walking. We walked on the bluffs above the ocean today as the tide was too high to walk on the beach. I've just had a little lunch and now I'm waiting to be served my first cup of coffee.

D. is doing well. He looks good and is up and about taking lots of walks and all. Of course he's moving slower and taking it pretty easy but hey, only 3 weeks after open heart surgery-- it's pretty amazing. It's good to be here with him and R. They're my family. Except that R. is giving me a hard time right now because she hates me using her computer. Selfish bitch. Don't worry, that's the way we always talk to each other and I know she'll be reading this so it's not like I'm talking behind her back. Besides, just wait until I get her into a game of canasta. We call it playing nasty, if you catch the drift.

Last night was a quick, easy and cheap flight into Burbank. Of course Jerry had to drive me to the Sacramento airport, love that he is, always so willing to take care of me in anyway he can. He'll drive back and pick me up on Saturday too. Anyway, I decided to fly into Burbank and rent a car to drive to Santa Barbara. It was less than a one hour flight and I was in my rental car and on my way to Santa Barbara in no time. Except that I couldn't find my way out of the fucking airport. Hollywood Way was supposed to be right in front the airport with easy signs to the freeway but no matter where I turned I couldn't find it. I kept circling around and around and it was nuts. Finally, 45 minutes later I found a policeman who had me follow him and once I was actually on Hollywood Way it was very easy to get to Santa Barbara and to D. and R.'s house.

I cried half the way here. I have been emotional about some stuff in my life and that was just enough to break the dam. Earlier in the day I knew I needed a good cry but I was too busy to get into feeling my stuff. It was a great cry. Lovely in fact. And so good to see my loves. They are my family and it felt like arriving home.

After D. and R. went to bed I stayed up late reading my book Three Cups of Tea and I was just feeling so happy and comforted. My life is really so sweet and I have so many opportunities to be in relationship and share love. I am so blessed and it feels great to acknowledge how very fortunate I truly am.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a selfish bitch. You are a rotten whore.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Bring on the cards.

Anonymous said...

Glad ur safe, miss u much.

I AM ANOTHER said...

thank you baby. miss u much too. always. see you soon. loving you my pest.

Moi said...

Love you two and happy you are together. The cry sounds good...and wow your nasty games sound...um...nasty ;)

I AM ANOTHER said...

Wish you were here with us Gillette. Loving you.