Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Happy Easter, Equinox, Spring, Full Moon, and Beautiful Sunny Days!

Wow, what a weekend to end a busy crazy week. It was my spring break at the college so supposedly I could have worked 24 hours less than usual but I think I worked about 24 hours more. I had a lot of catching up to do on my errand list. I took my mom to the dentist, in for blood tests, to the doctor, and we took tours at two different assisted care facilities. We've finally settled on the one that suits her best so now it's just waiting for something to open up. My private practice is busier than usual and along with that I've been looking for a cook for our Enlightenment Intensive as well as getting other things together for it. It's only five weeks away and time is flying as usual. We lost our original cook so that has been a bit disconcerting, looking for someone at this late date. I'm not worried about it, just busy putting the word out. I think I've found someone now so that's a relief.

On Friday evening Jerry and I went down the street to our local Irish Pub for a beer, a little music and socializing with friends. We have a good friend who's into the whole Couch Surfing phenomena and she
had two sweet, young, vegan, feminist, anarchists staying with her from Arizona so she invited us over for dinner to meet them. They had some great pictures to share from
the Farm Sanctuary, in Orland, where they had volunteered their work for a couple of days. She is one of the best cooks I know--somehow I'm very fortunate to have several friends who cook exceptionally well and love to feed me. I am definitely blessed. It was nice to hang out with her for the evening.

Saturday morning was the Farmer's Market and we got a call from a friend to meet him for coffee and then vegetable shopping. I had a date with him to roast vegetables that evening so I knew I was going to be well fed once again. We got our coffee and vegetables and Jerry played some music at the market as he often does with a wonderful little band called Secund Naychur. I picked up an organic Pinot Noir at my friend's wine booth to go with our fish and veggie dinner for that night. She and her husband have a lovely family vineyard just up the hill from Chico along with a wine tasting room. The rest of Saturday we spent running here and there to buy a wedding gift for a friend's sons wedding, twin bed sheets for our Enlightenment Intensive, grocery shopping for my mother, etc. Then Jerry was off to play Indian music at a fancy Sikh birthday party and I was off to my dinner date with my new friend. We had a lovely time making dinner together and chatting, getting to know one another better. He is a very sweet man and I enjoyed his company a lot. Jerry showed up later after his gig and we ended the night with a nice soak in the hot tub under the waning, rising, full moon.

Today was Easter which meant meeting some of my kids and grand kids at the yearly benefit for the Peace and Justice Center's, Pancakes for Peace. It was a great turn out and it's always nice to run into lots of different friends from the community that I don't see too often otherwise. Jerry played music there also. After breakfast picked up my mother and we all met up at the park for our traditional Easter picnic. We eat and relaxed and the kids played with their toes in the cold water. We walked around in the sun with my mom in the her wheelchair and she really enjoyed her day and I felt happy about that. After dropping her off at home, Jerry and I had an early evening date with another daughter and set of grand kids. We brought pizza and chocolate eggs for dinner and played with the kids until we were totally worn out. We got home just in time for The L Word and our good friend Pema, who is soon moving away, stopped by to watch the show with us. I've partially unloaded the car, washed some dishes and a couple loads of clothes, and now Jerry and I are lying in bed--I'm blogging and he's reading.

Wow. What a week! Tomorrow I'm back to work at the college and I have a stack of graduation applications to turn in by Wednesday along with several letters of recommendation. I have three days to squeeze in all this work, in the midst of seeing students who are feeling desperate about what classes they need to register in for in the fall.

Spring has sprung, energy is swirling, life is busy and beautiful and I am grateful for having an abundance of love to bask in these warm sunny days.

No comments: