Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Embodiment Of Self

What Am I?

We've been having beautiful weather and I've decided to not live in fear of rattlesnakes anymore. At least for the time being because it's been interferring with my lovely walks by the creek.
Contemplation today brought images of The Buddha as the perfect example of embodiment. Buddha was the perfect blended being--both physical and non-physical merged into one without separation. Just look at pictures of The Buddha. Does he not emanant human perfection? Is his body not a divine temple radiating Self? I was realizing myself as that which fills and permeates my body.

Then I went for a little skip until I was worn out and gasping for breath. I realized my fear of death in that gasping, the desperately sucking in of life force to save me. Then I realized that I was the breath I was gasping to be filled with. I became the breath and the fear left me.

I am that which I seek.


Prana is vital to my Embodiment Of Self.

During my last vist to Harbin Hot Springs, I was attracted to a book called Emobodiment--Opening Your Body to Consciousness by Andrew Yavelow and so I purchased it. The book is dedicated to the Trager community.

In this book embodiment is defined as the practice of being in your body. That makes sense--bringing Self into the body, bringing full presence, like The Buddha. One of the first things this book teaches is how to open your body to breath. "If there is one thing you do throughout the day to consciously connect yourself more immediately and fully with your body, do this: take a full, deep inhale and exhale. And another. And another..."



2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Nice post...I've never heard this viewpoint on that word. Very simple. *smiles* The best wisdom usually is.

I AM ANOTHER said...

yes, huh.