Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Missing Car

At 7:30 this morning I was trying to leave for my work at the college. Keys in hand, I looked up the street and down. Humm. Where's the car? Maybe I parked in the alley? I crossed through my side yard and into the alley. No car. Ok. Back to the street, I looked up the street again, then down. Still no car. I called Jerry who was already at work. "Baby, I can't find the car. I'm standing out here in the street and our car is gone." Humm...he says. What did we do last night? "We went to the show and saw The Savages." Humm...he says, the car is in the parking lot over there, we left it there last night. Sheesh, is that a senior moment or what? The theatre we go to is just a few blocks from our house and we always walk there, but last night we were out in our car and it was late so we just drove there. When the show got out we walked home as usual. Jerry and I won't need those matching t-shirts that old couples wear, we'll have matching memory lapses instead. Ah, it's sweet to have a partner to grow old with. Fuck.

No comments: