Sunday, March 30, 2008

He Did Not Leave After Kissing Me

It was a busy week for me at the college getting in graduation applications for my students. I've been enjoying my daily walks down by the creek everyday that I'm out there, not letting the Beware of Rattlesnakes sign to detour me. It's so beautiful there and I felt deprived when I allowed my fear to turn me back.

Thursday and Friday was lots of busy work, taking care of my mom, paying bills etc. I also saw a number of clients in my private practice throughout the week with lots of polyamorous movement happening there.

Patrick and I took another trip up to our friend's place where our Enlightenment Intensive, a 3-day residential retreat, will take place on May 1-4. We did a thorough walk through of the house and property, getting a clearer idea of exactly what we need to get together between now and then. It's a lovely big home situated right on the creek in the midst of many awesome acres. We've lost our cook for the Intensive and that has been taking a fair amount of energy, seeking out the appropriate person to fill that role. We haven't secured anyone yet, although there are several prospects. A saving grace good friend who is considering attending the Intensive has agreed to cook for us if push comes to shove and we don't have anyone else so that does take some of the pressure off.

Jerry played Irish music at our local pub on Friday night and I was down there socializing with various friends and I ran into someone who might be willing to cook for us so that's promising also. A bunch of my girlfriends who I used to play pool with on a regular basic showed up and that was a pleasant surprise as I don't them very often anymore. And my sweet best friend Pema, who sadly (see big frown and pouty lips) is moving soon, showed up for some of the music and then she, our friend Donna, Jerry and I went and shared a really yummy Thai dinner. Then Pema came over and hung with us at home for awhile.

On Saturday I did some grocery shopping for my mom and ran around taking care of errands. Then I got to go hang out with Pema at her house for a few hours. Truly, I can barely cope with the thought that she is leaving. On one hand I'm happy for her and content in my knowing that this is a good thing in the big picture but in the little picture, she is leaving me and I'm going to miss her so much I don't know what I will do with myself. It makes me very sad and I think I'm going to be very lost without her. Both of my best women friends will have moved so many many physical miles and hours away from me. I don't like it.

On Saturday evening Jerry and I were invited to dinner at the home of some new friend's. They are a lovely couple with a sweet daughter that we've been getting to know for a little while. Dinner was delicious and the company was superb. Besides soaking in the hot tub, we entertained each other with music, singing, poetry, and all sorts of stories and conversation. I enjoy them both a lot. As I write this I'm smelling the most intoxicating smell from the Frankincense incense they gifted us with.

Jerry and I went out to breakfast this morning and then went and hung out at Barnes and Noble for a hour or so before attending a friend's memorial service. I found a new book of poetry I bought called Love Poems From God--Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West by Daniel Ladinsky. He translates 12 different poets such as Rumi, Hafix, Kabir, Mira etc. Here are a couple of my favorites:
One day he did not leave after kissing me.--Rabia

God said, "I am made whole by your life. Each soul, each soul completes me."--Hafiz
Then we went to J.C.'s memorial service which was simple and sweet. We got to sing several gospel hymns which I knew from my childhood years growing up in various Christian churches. He was one of Jerry's best men at our wedding. A sweet guy that worked for Jerry for years. He was 75 and died of emphysema.

We came home and cleaned house while Jerry played a new Bruce Springsteen album. We have tickets to see him next Friday night at the Arco arena in Sacramento. He's a Jersey boy like Jerry and neither one of us have ever seen him in concert so that should be fun. We went for a nice long walk today also and now I'm writing and relaxing and soon Pema is coming over to visit and watch some Sunday night t.v. with us.

4 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Sending you warm thoughts sweet lady....*smiles*

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thank you Greenwoman. I can always use some warm thoughts from another sweet lady.

Anonymous said...

This is Chuck and I just want to comment about your dear friends. Yes they can be such a joy and you can miss them a lot. When you're born you have no choice about who your relatives will be, but you choose your friends and they you, based on so many likes and dislikes. Fortunately you can share some rather private thoughts with them-relatives may not be as understanding-so friends can be treasures.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Yes, Chuck. My friends are truly treasures.