Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008)



This video is so cute I just had to post it. My friend D. is a couch surfer. She turned me on to couch surfing and this video. D. is this incredible couch surfing host. I haven't really done anything with my knowledge of couch surfing yet except meet many of the lovely folks who end up sleeping on D.'s "couch". If you don't know what a couch surfer is, you can go here to find out. The guy Matt, in the video is a couch surfer. Watch it and smile.

In a nutshell, Couch Surfing is a community of individuals that open their homes and hearts to travelers from around the world. Couch Surfing is a network that connects strangers, who are really just friends that haven't met each other yet. The host couch surfer, invites the traveling couch surfer, into their home for whatever period of time is negotiated. This could be one night or one month. It seems that more often than not, my friend D. is hosting one or more interesting characters on her "couch", which is usually her extra bedroom. But believe me, I've been there when both extra bedrooms and her couch are full along with a tent someone has pitched in the backyard.

Here's a link to a New York Times article about couch surfing. The second picture is of my friend with the red couch he traveled around the world with.

Sometimes I like to call them couch potatoes as a tease.

1 comment:

Greenwoman said...

Hi. I just caught this on Gillette's blog. Its just great. *smiles* HOpe you are feeling better!!