Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tearing Away The Veils

A friend sent me this poem a couple of weeks ago and I agree,
it's one of the best reasons to drink wine.

The Lovers

The Lovers
will drink wine night and day.
They will drink until they can
tear away the veils of intellect and
melt away the layers of shame and modesty.
When in Love,
body, mind, heart and soul don't even exist.
Become this,
fall in Love,
and you will not be separated again.

The Lovers is from: 'Hush Don't Say Anything to God: Passionate Poems of Rumi'
Translated by Sharam Shiva
By the time they had finished drinking they loved each other so well that their love never more might leave them.


Here's a Rumi inspired poem that I wrote several years ago
that I've posted before:
I want to drink your wine
and drown drunken in your ocean
tasting only sacredness

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

What a great post!! I really enjoyed it and I loved the lower image of the couple hugging. ((hugs)) Hope you are well...you haven't written how your mom and the rest of your family is lately. HOpe you'll update...

I AM ANOTHER said...

Yeah, that picture really called to me when I saw it. Thanks for asked about my Family. Everyone is Ok. My son just got himself a studio to make pottery--is in the process of getting his wheel and kiln etc. all set up. He's an excellent potter. I just gave him some shelves yesterday to use for drying his bowls on. My mom is getting by. Good days and not so good days. She keeps falling but not hurting herself at least but trips to the hospital nevertheless, to make sure, liability and all. It's not perfect but it is what it is.