Monday, June 23, 2008

Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) I Dont Know How To Love Him

Jerry and I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar last night. I've always had a fondness for the music to this production and this song in particular right now really speaks to me. Our local production left some things to be desired although I'm pleased at their efforts and nevertheless enjoyed the show and I'm glad I went. The music was good, some of the singing not so great. I was entertained well and some parts were quite well done. Other parts were, well, not so great. The amount of pathetic desperation portrayed was hard to take but the over the top acting and campiness in parts, made it incredibly funny although sometimes I felt like I was the only one laughing. The scene with King Herod was my favorite. When the lights came on after the last scene with Jesus dying on the cross, there were some wet eyes and tear stained faces. This is when I realized that it had affected some others in the audience quite differently than it had me.

No comments: