Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Here comes the Sun, George Harrison dedication to Prabhupada

I dedicated about 10 years of my life to Prabhupada and the Hare Krsna movement. From 1975 to 1985. I look back on that time with very mixed emotions. In one sense, it was a safe haven for me. A box that trapped me but provided a refuge to hide in while I lived out some very intense karma. It was both a beautiful and miserable time and I realize that I might have died, or one of my children might have died if it wasn't for the strict boundaries embedded in a deep spiritual framework with all the rules and regulations, chants and prayers, dancing and delicious food (prasadam.) It was a spiritually profound time for me in my life. I gave birth to 4 children while married to a very wounded and abusive man. Daily devotional practice was the center of my life mixed right in with all the hurtful insanity. We did not emerge unscathed.

Jai Prabhupada!

namah om visnu padaya krsna presthaya bhutale, srimati bhakti vedanta swami, iti namine

I offer my humble obeisance’s unto His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who is very dear to Sri Krsna on this earth, having taken shelter at His lotus feet.

1 comment:

Jaya said...

Mataji I am new to the movement. I came across your blog on the internet searching for the connection between Beatles and Prabhupad. I live in LA. I would love to talk to you. Please feel free to mail me at jayanthreddydanda@gmail.com