Monday, June 16, 2008

Hot Dish


A friend looked at me tonight and then did a double take before telling me what a hot dish I am. Hey, I like that. I've been thinking a lot about body image these days (my own body image in particular.) I can be really harsh on myself and even get depressed over it. I know better of course, but just the same... My body is holding on to more weight than it ever has before in my entire life and the gyrations this puts me through are interesting fodder for contemplation.

I'm on a love my body campaign at the moment. And I'm not talking about loving my body by eating well, getting more exercise and losing some of this damn extra weight either. I am talking about respecting and honoring it, consciously, mindfully, as the sacred temple that it is--and that may include eating well and exercise, doing more yoga and getting more massages, dancing more, etc. But what I'm really talking about is loving my body for what it is in this moment. Right here and right now, exactly the way it is. Accepting it. Loving it for the amazing vehicle it is, that gets me around so well wherever I want to go. Appreciating it's strength and flexibility. Loving it for all the pleasure it provides me. You know, feeling love and admiration for it. Luxuriating in it. Really getting in every moment how hot and sexy it is. Yea, I'm a hot dish!

These are some hot dishes I like:



No comments: