Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Peace I Seek























I've been contemplating the lines from Michael Franti's song One Step Closer To You:
Till I let go of a broken heart
I let go to an open heart
This is a powerful truth. This is my challenge. It's related to the challenge of letting go without shutting down. My broken heart shuts me down and my egoic pain body is very attached to this condition. It finds incredible justification in holding on to this identity. It fears the vulnerability of an open heart. It distrusts the egoic nature of Another and Separates me from the One. It wants justice, desires vindication, believes in wrong and right. It clings to this pathetic story.

My open heart allows me love and love dissipates all my suffering.

I am trapped in this cycle of continual choices as I struggle with the choices of Another.
Broken Heart--Open Heart
Shutting Down--Letting Go
Fearing--Loving
Separation--One
Beyond ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I'll meet you there.--Rumi

This is where I find the peace I seek.

No comments: