Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Touched

Ha. Well yes, thanks for noticing, I did have a certain theme going on with my Lucinda Williams postings last night. That woman just says it all. And every which way around. Sometimes a girl just has to say what a girl has to say--get those feelings out on the table. And I have a whole gamut of feelings surging around inside of me these days. Oh my now, it's a virtual mad house in there. I could have posted some real pathetic stuff too which Concrete and Barbed Wire along with Unsuffer Me...and oh damn, Those Three Days touch upon but mostly I was going for the anger. It's funny you know, I've never really gone for Country Music with all it's whining and misery and the she/he done me so wrong stuff. But I gotta tell, when you been done wrong, it feels good to vent. There is a certain style with which Lucinda Williams just puts it out there--so pure and raw and in your face and I just can't resist it. And when I'm in a little misery loves company mood, she's always right there with me, like a good friend always is (I appreciate that unintended but convenient dig.) And then when the passion is surging through me and I'm all antsy and in my loving power, she's there to egg me on with all that energy also. So I honor her for all of that. She touches me, just like the all these other people and the emotions they stir up, touch me in my life.

Yea, I'm touched.

I walked this morning (only 13 blocks) but it worked to stir things up in my body a bit. I've washed clothes and checked to make sure the refrigerator in the RV is working well (it's nice and cold). I've stripped the sheets off the bed and filled up the sink with hot soapy dish water which last night's dinner dishes are now soaking in. I've picked up a bunch of odds and ends and my oh my, I guess I'm in productive mode today. I'm feeling good (although I'm still blowing a tablespoon of snot out of my nose every 15 minutes (sorry for sharing). And, best of all, I can see a little blue in the sky today. Not lots, but it's there, the real sky rather than just smoke. That is very good. At this point, most of the local fires are fairly well contained and the evacuations have been lifted so people are returning to their homes, or the charred remains thereof, whichever the case may be. That's sad, and shocking.

No comments: