Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No Beauty = No Truth = No Reality

I've been really busy all day and I'm leaving this evening for a four day conference in the bay area. I'm planning on eating some really yummy Thai food and spending some time at the ocean when I'm not cooped up in the hotel. I won't be back until very late Sunday and then I'm off on Monday to Sacramento for a meeting with my daughter-in-law and an immigration attorney. My daughter-in-law is from Japan, has been here four years and still doesn't have her green card. It's been lots of time, energy, money and paperwork and we just don't know where to go from here. We have lots of unanswered questions and don't know how to proceed. Hopefully we'll get some answers that we can work with. I'll blog some if I get the chance but it's possible I won't be back here until Tuesday the 22nd or even later. Next week is going to be crazy busy too.

This is my offering for today.

This week's Cancer Horoscope from Rob Brezsny at Free Will Astrology

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Reality is not all it's cracked up to be.
Just
because millions of people suffer from the same hallucinations doesn't
mean those hallucinations are objectively true. I share Salvador Dali's
perspective: "One day it will have to be officially admitted that what
we
have christened reality is an even greater illusion than the world of
dreams." For these reasons and many more, I don't automatically dismiss
people who live in their own fantasy worlds. Their dreamy concoctions
may be no more deluded than those of normal people, and might be far
more fun and amusing. Everything I just said is a preface for the main
point of this horoscope, Cancerian, which is to give you temporary
license
to escape into the most beautiful mirage you can conjure up. Love your
fantastic visions. Let your imagination run far, far away with you.


Reality is not all it's cracked up to be.

John Keats said, "If something is not beautiful, it is probably not true." I've been playing around with the notion that reality is the only truth. Therefore, if reality is a prerequisite for truth, and truth is a prerequisite for beauty, my deductive equation to this is:

no beauty = no truth = no reality

Now I realize that this probably makes little sense to a lot of folks. Problem is though, I just wrote for an hour explaining how my silly mind wraps around this and damn if I didn't lose it all. I have no more time to write. I'm sorry. I'll try and return to this notion.

For now, let's just ponder...What if it were so?

No comments: