Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Juicy Women As Revolting Hags

My Juicy Women's Group met again last Tuesday. We had a nice long relaxing check in before Rosemary continued with her sexual history.

Rosemary pulled the Uruz rune for Healing/Strength. Rani read the meaning and entertained us by singing the hymn that went along with the interpretation. This rune is often associated with sexual healing and strength which is apopro for our group. I found the Uruz rune on the internet associated with this picture below of Sheelah-Na-Gig, but the article was written in French which unfortunately I neither speak or read. Sheelah-Na-Gig is the Gatekeeper of the sacred yoni, the hag of birth and death.

Here's a couple more replications of Sheelah-Na-Gig.
Check out this site where I found this:
Trickster Hag, laughing and howling;Then veiled in the mist, silent as \ stone.Gateway and gatekeeper, Guide and challenger, Liminal-dwelling paradoxical crone.

Molly shared the sweet juiciness between her and her husband and I must say that it gave me a sweet smile when I saw them shopping at Trader Joe's and noticed that sweet juiciness oozing out of their togetherness.

Same with Pema--her lover is being more attentive and nurturing and she's excited with the hope that when his business struggles break and he isn't under so much daily stress, she will get to experience what being in relationship with him is really like.

Lena sacrificed a night out with Cindy Sheehan who was visiting Chico, to be with us. She reminded everyone that Mother's Day started as a proclamation of peace by the mothers of the world who were fed up with sending their sons off to war, and she shared this proclamation with us.

Mother's Day Proclamation

Arise, then, women of this day!Arise, all women who have hearts,
Whether our baptism be of water or of tears!
Say firmly:"We will not have great questions decided by irrelevant agencies,
Our husbands will not come to us, reeking with carnage,
for caresses and applause.
Our sons shall not be taken from us
to unlearn All that we have been able to teach them of charity,
mercy and patience.
We, the women of one country,
will be too tender of those of another country
To allow our sons to be trained to injure theirs."
From the bosom of the devastated Earth a voice goes up with our own.
It says: "Disarm! Disarm!
The sword of murder is not the balance of justice.
"Blood does not wipe out dishonor, nor violence indicate possession.
As men have often forsaken the plough and the anvil
at the summons of war,
Let women now leave all that may be left of home
for a great and earnest day of counsel.
Let them meet first, as women, to bewail and commemorate the dead.
Let them solemnly take counsel with each other
as to the means
Whereby the great human family can live in peace,
Each bearing after his own time the sacred impress,
not of Caesar, But of God.
In the name of womanhood and humanity,
I earnestly ask That a general congress of women
without limit of nationality May be appointed and held
at someplace deemed most convenient
And at the earliest period consistent with its objects,
To promote the alliance of the different nationalities,
The amicable settlement of international questions,
The great and general interests of peace.


Ana is still in a vulnerable space, feeling protective while she ends a marriage and opens more to her sexual juiciness. She's realizing more, her inner critic, guised as her spiritual guide with a strict rulebook of the do's and don'ts of how a spiritual person behaves, dresses, etc. She is relishing the support of her sisters while yearning to kiss and kiss and kiss, men.

Rani continues on her current journey of celibacy, abstaining from masturbation and rather just being with self, contemplating if this lack of sexual expression/release has her feeling deprived and thus overly hungry and engaging in emotional eating.

I spoke of my weekly horoscope about following my most intense passion mercilessly, and my introspection at defining exactly what this currently is...I will probably write more about this as I clarify more.

Rosmary picked up on a few stories of childhood love that felt significant to her and then briefly spoke of giving birth to her children as very empowering portals in her life during a time when she otherwise felt very trapped and disempowered. We learned about her eight year relationship with a man who fathered one of her children but never claimed her love. She spoke of her advent into polyamory, and a sexual FMF threesome that left her wanting more of that type of loving. She left us with a glimpse of her declared bi-sexuality, the one woman she fell in love with, and a 5 year triad with her husband and best friend. Awhile back Pema and I were joking about names for our group. A couple of the women had mentioned names with the "G" word, er, that would be as in Goddess and we were not favorable towards going that route. It's not that I don't like Goddesses, after all, I am one myself. I even have my own Goddess name, er, that would be Shewhobehot, Goddess Shewhobehot to those of you who want to push it with me. But the "G" word just sounded too cliche, too "Been that, done there". We've both participated in so many women's groups starting some twenty plus years back, all focused around the Goddess that we wanted something that reflected more of our evolving selves. Pema came up with Revolting Hags and I laughed, saying I would definitely go there before I'd agree on the "G" word. Perhaps Hag is a word we need to reclaim like the word Cunt was with the whole Vagina Monologues thing. I've always done my fair share of revolting as a woman. Doesn't this picture deplict a revolting hag?


2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Your group sounds delightful and deep. Being in circles of women is the highlight of my life. I find it soul food for my woman self. Can't do without it.

I loved the imagery you used...right down to the last one. My favorite. I believe that women are better, more willing to rut and more creative when they've finally grown a bit of hag in them personally. I'm certainly better at a rut now than when I was 20 and worried so much about how I looked when I had sex that I couldn't relax. I laugh about it now, but I was nearly frozen about the fear of my own image being none Barbi like that it was truly sad. I missed alot of good years of sex...especially when my boobs still stood up proper. LOL!

I AM ANOTHER said...

Yes Greenwoman, our group is delightful and deep. I've missed being in a woman's group for awhile and it is something I find myself really looking forward to. And yes again, the willing to rut is significant and also, at my age at lease, connecting with the hag is powerful. Body image still gets the best of me sometimes and dang, I'm tired of always looking at those pictures from 5 or 10 years ago and realizing how young, thin and beautiful I was. I've been doing that since I was 25! I want to realize that in the moment, right now. And so it is.