Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm Back

Wow, it's been a busy week. We left one week ago for Santa Clara for my professional conference. It was a very interesting time and I'll be writing about some of my experiences. We arrived home on Sunday just in time to relax on the couch and watch The Sopranos and exchange a foot rub before falling off to sleep fairly early.

On Monday I took my daughter-in-law to Sacramento to see an immigration attorney and although we have a lot of complicated work cut out for us, I have hope that we will be able to get her a green card. When I got back Jerry picked us up a movie called Alpha Dog which was based on a heartbreakingly true story about a group of out of control twenty year old kids in the L.A. area who kidnapped and then killed a fifteen year old boy in 1999. Talk about depressing on so many levels. Sheesh.

Yesterday I returned to work at the college and as this is finals week, my students had lots of last minute needs and it was an incredibly busy day. After work I had a meeting with my women's financial group--the Apple stock we purchased last month had gone up so that was encouraging. Directly after that meeting our Juicy Women's group met. When I got home I opted for sex with Jerry rather than blogging. Good choice.

So I have lots to write about and still, very little time. I have a meeting with my boss in one minute for my yearly evaluation. I hope they still love me here.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Sex is always a good choice in my not so humble opinion...and wow...A woman's financial group. Boy you have some cool women's things in your life. Blessings!!!

I'll hold some good thoughts for your family about the green card issue.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thanks for the good thoughts on the green card Greenwoman, I really appreciate that. Yes, engaging in sex is a better choice than merely writing about it(or something else) I agree. Especially good sex...humm....

I do have some very cool women's things in my life. I'm very grateful too. We've our financial group for, I don't know, maybe five years now. We haven't made tons of money but we've learned new things about stocks and investing just a little money each month over five years or so, adds up.