Friday, May 11, 2007

Like Father Like Son

Maybe I should apologize in advance for being a bragging grandmother, just to warn you where this is going. But I just can't help myself today. It's not my style to carry pictures of all my grand kids around in my wallet, showing them to people for them to fawn over. I understand that every grandparent thinks that it's their grand kids who are highly attractive, intelligent, and oh so special in so many ways. I'm not going there. I just think this is very cool and it's art ya know. I like to support the arts and it just so happens that I'm related to this little guy.

My six year old grandson (from Jerry's eldest son) is an artist, like his dad (who by the way has been really been carving out a nice little niche for himself in the art world.) Anyway, the opening of my grandson's first art show was last Friday. His dad came up with the idea and created a collaborative art project for his son to make art with some well known artists, and together they have come up with some really special pieces. The pictures I've posted here are small so you can't see a lot of the details but they give you an idea of the collaboration. This one at the top, of the bird on the hill, is my favorite.









































Local musicians provided the entertainment.















See the artist's dad in the reflection above?




Jerry is reflected in this one.
















The artist's four year old sister, my granddaughter.


















And my grandson, the artist.

The show is traveling to Minnesota in a couple of weeks.

And I made a little art of my own.

No comments: