Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Pain of Love 1997


You, a filled vessel, one with child. Cherish this moment with bodymind and spirit. Relish in the creative power of the universe made manifest within you.

Oh beautiful woman, acknowledge your hopes and fears for the power of this mystery is yet to unfold. Know the body wisdom of each woman who has birthed before you, who is birthing along with you in eternal time.

Accept your pain, experience your strength, and open, open, and open more until you have surely reached the limit of your ability to stretch, and then open more. Surrender to this incredible process that will both exhilarate and exhaust you.

Six babies I have carried and birthed into this world. Growing and nurturing them within my womb. Six strong, healthy bodies I pushed through my bones, yielding my yoni and delivering them into my waiting arms, lifting them to my breasts to suckle my milk.

Love your baby body, full and round and fat, warm all aglow. Honor this sacred journey of becoming mother goddess, bringer forth of life and love. Breathe, spread your legs and allow your baby to be born.

Accept your naked emptiness.

No comments: