Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Zen Roshi and EI Master

Tomorrow morning Jerry and I leave for a 3 day Enlightenment Intensive (EI) at the Mt. Baldy Zen Center in southern California. We'll drive to Sacramento Airport and take Soutwest into Ontario were our friend, Ren, will pick us up. She's attending the EI also.

I attended my first EI in Apirl 2005 at this zen center and I'm excited to be going back. Hopefully I'll have a good enlightenment story to share. I've decided to stick with the "self" question, What Am I? rather than What is Another? This one scares me more so I figure that's a good thing somehow.

Anyway, I will not have any computer or cell phone access until Monday and I'll be traveling on that day so I figure I won't be posting again until next Tuesday the 17th.

Here are some zen pictures to meditate on while I'm gone.

This zen monk is calling up the spirit.



A zen snail?


I love this
picture.




This is a fun picture of Edrid. He is a dogzen master. I don't know if he would call himself that or not but I don't hesitate doing so. He is wonderfully enlightened and compassionate and besides that, just an all around nice guy.

2 comments:

mio & stefan said...

Dear I AM ANOTHER

I noticed a Japanese ink painting of a snail with inscription on your blog. Would you know who the artist is? I remember reading an article about him years ago and am trying to find out more. The snail has been my desktop background for a while and I am trying to find out more.

this is where the picture I am talking about: http://tellmewhatanotheris.blogspot.com/2007/04/tomorrow-morning-jerry-and-i-leave-for.html

Best regards from Manila
Stefan

Anonymous said...

Hi I am Johanna An I am an From Connecticut an I work with all types of blocked an unbalanced chakras I help to open an guide the energy’s through all 7 Chakras. Yes many of these things are good for a common problem but everyone in the world is different so what will help you! is your own different cure. call me for more details an help if interested (860)965-6949