Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Emptiness That Contains All

Mt. Baldy Snow on
Sunday and on
Buddha's head.



We are back...sorta, kinda, mostly. Physically home in an altered state of consciousness. Slowly grounding back into the default world after dedicating ourselves to 3 days, 16 hours a day, to a contemplative art called dyad communication.

My question, What Am I? revealed more of my true nature, while also exposing several of the barriers I've erected that separate me from my full potential of being.

I opened more to the power of emptiness and its capacity to contain all. I seek deeper connection with both self and others by creating more space for Another to be fully present, while I hold firmly in my own presence.

I opened more to the power of the moment--the place where connection exists.

I opened more to the power of acceptance, a gracious guide that moves me into the moment.

I experienced a good dose of my inability to truly trust, which inhibits my intention of accepting that all in right in my world.

I practiced getting out of my head and connecting more with my heartmind. I envisioned a pulley with a wooden handle and I would grab a hold of the handle and pull my mind from my head to my heart. This reminded me of a lecture I heard Joseph Chilton Pearce give about how the mind is actually located in the area of the heart, rather than in our brain.

I fell in love with the beautiful monks at the Mt. Baldy Zen Center center, who fed the most simple and delicious food--prepared with utmost care and understanding of our needs. They were kind and compassionate hosts in every way.

And the mountain was magnificent. It was fairly cold during our stay and we were gifted with snow on Sunday. I feel so incredibly blessed. Once again I'm awash with appreciation for everyone who participated in this sacred gathering.



My heart is opening, my love is unfolding.

No comments: