Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My 3rd Chakra Hurts

This evening I am very, very tired. I slept about 2 hours last night because I was having incredible pain in my solar plexus, which is the seat of personal power. It's the 3rd chakra and is associated with the color yellow.
As a child growing up, I experienced lots of pain in this area on a regular basis. Last summer I experienced solar plexus pain after returning home from a 3 day Enlightenment Intensive. I felt like I was all opened up and a bit too vulnerable for exposing myself in the default world.

Something is going on for me...I do have some family stuff going on right now. I'm also leaving for an Enlightenment Intensive the day after tomorrow. I have been trying to get comfortable with working on the koan,
What am I? Is that related to personal power? Ha. Maybe my ego is afraid I'll discover I'm not it.

I'm going to Google stuff about the solar plexus and post it here below:

POWER 3rd chakra: (located at the solar plexus) Personal power -- morality, judgment, self vs. other. This is the level of the will. When the 3rd chakra opens, there can be tremendous emotional upheaval. Lots of painful unconscious material can erupt. Vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea and other digestive troubles can accompany this opening. Telepathy, clairvoyance, clairsentience and awareness of astral entities may emerge with an awakened 3rd chakra. The newly unfolding 3rd chakra can make one emotionally and psychically hypersensitive. This is quoted from here:
According to Hindu beliefs, the solar plexus chakra is "the center of etheric-psychic intuition: a vague or non-specific, sensual sense of knowing; a vague sense of size, shape, and intent of being". As such, some psychics recommend "listening" to it since it may help out in making better decisions in one's life on many different levels. This is quoted from here.
Chakra Three - Exploring the Major Chakras
The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the color yellow. This is the area which defines our "self-esteem". The personality that develops during puberty is housed in this chakra....otherwise known as the "EGO". Anyone experiencing dysfunction of the third chakra is having difficulty obtaining or maintaining his/her own "personal power". This intuitive chakra is where we get our "gut instincts" that signal us to do or not to do something. Strong self-esteem is a required for developing intuitive skills.

Chakra Three Associations
* Color - yellow
* Physical Location - solar plexus
* Purposes - mental understanding of emotional life
* Spiritual Lesson - acceptance of your place in the life stream. (self-love)
* Physical Dysfunctions- stomach ulcers, intestinal tumors, diabetes, pancreatitis, indigestion, anorexia/bulimia, hepatitis, cirrhosis, adrenal imbalances, arthritis, colon diseases
* Mental and Emotional Issues - self esteem, fear of rejection, oversensitivity to criticism, self-image fears, fears of our secrets being found out, indecisiveness
* Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
* Area of Body Governed - upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach. This is quoted from here:
I find this interesting reading about the physical dysfunctions. I had a stomach ulcer when I was two years old. It was caused from stress. I could write more about this issue but I think I will leave it alone for now. Family stuff ya know.

The SOLAR PLEXUS chakra, located about a hand’s width above the navel, corresponds to the will, our source of energy, determination and motivation. If we’ve been pushing ourselves too hard, our solar plexus may feel depleted or irritated: sudden unreasonable anger flares or feeling burned out are both possible when the solar plexus has been doing more than its fair share of the work.

Be kind to your solar plexus today: do something restful that will help to recharge you. Remember that we don’t control everything: it isn’t all up to us. Let go a little, and trust that things will work out as they are meant to. This is quoted from here.



Ok, I'm ready for bed now. I think my solar plexus feels better and that it just needed some loving attention.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
In the last 2 days I have found that I have a mild but annoying pain that jumps back and fourth from my 6th chakra to my 7th. I tried meditating but that seems to make it worse. What do I do?

I AM ANOTHER said...

My suggestion is to do your best to experience the pain in its fullness. If meditating makes it worse that might be a good way to go if you can handle it. There is probably energy stuck there so stay with it as much as possible. Do you have a sense of the energy/pain wanting to move up or down?

Anonymous said...

Well if I focus on the mild pain it seems to move up but then resonates around my head. I tried meditating today but the ache is hard to move past. Like I said it's not that painful just annoying. I just recently started meditating, it's only been a couple of weeks(5), but right away I had positive results. Why would I be feeling this way now and not earlier?

Anonymous said...

to describe it as clear as possible it feels like my head is going to split open and have a crack from my brow to the top of my head. I really don't want this to effect my meditation, I really enjoy the peace and joy I feel from it. I will continue to meditate, but please tell me eventually the aches will vanish.

I AM ANOTHER said...

I cannot answer these questions for you as to why now and not earlier except to say that well, you just started meditated so that's new and this is probably arises from your meditating. Nor can I tell you that the aches will vanish. I understand you being attached to the peace and joy you experience while meditating but considering that something is there blocking the peace (or just annoying it) it sounds to me like it's not something to avoid but something to work with, listen to, learn from. It's there for a reason. I don't know the reason. I do know that this is not unusual for a person to experience though. Energy blocks become noticeable when we start moving our energy and you've started moving yours. If the energy seems to want to move upwards then I suggest you focus on breathing it in that direction. Allow yourself to move into this experience of you head splitting open and cracking from your brow to the top of your head. I know people who have had the top of their heads crack open (not physically but it feels just like that to them) and they go around like that for a long time and have some pretty amazing experiences in that condition. Trusting that your body and spirit knows what to do and that you can handle it is significant. Kundalini rising can be a fairly wild ride. Do you have a meditation teacher? Having a guide is a good thing. What type of practice does your meditation consist of?

Anonymous said...

very helpful. thank you!

I AM ANOTHER said...

Your welcome. One thing I should have mentioned is that it's easy to say...go with it, but the wild ride can be painful and seem unbearable at times so there is no need to push yourself too far, too fast. Go with it as you can...stretch outside your comfort zone-- but if the pain is too much you can always stop in the moment and then continue on moving through the block as you are ready. Go at your own pace. Some people are real pushers and that style works for them. Other's like to take it slower. It's all good.

Anonymous said...

This is all very helpful stuff, thank you Host Adrienne. I also experience daily discomfort in my heart and solar plexus.. Meditating/increasing my flow or focusing upon it increases the pain and discomfort.. Escaping from the pain by closing the chakra down more just causes more problems than it fixes, and bogs my chakras down even more.. WHen I feel the pain again it is worse than b4 if i have chosen to escape or close them down.. The stuff about feeling which way it wants to flow and allowing it breathing with it is great, the solar energy seems to want to go down into my sacral and base, and it tingles when it does. My heart wants to open and expand.. but doing so feels like leaving myself open and vulnerable to others feelings and attacks.

Anonymous said...

I too have a problem with the solar plexus a lot. sometimes it gets so wrenched up inside of there that I can't hardly do daily household things. when my energy started moving a lot very quickly, it was the first and most affected area which violently twisted and felt stabbing pains at times. i kinda calmed down from everything I opened up at the time and went ahead and decided to ask my guides to help me take it slower and get back to that awareness in small steps. so as i've been going, i have to tell myself that I can breathe and go about doing what I want without trying to control what others want at all, feeling the stomach loosen and being a fairer, more diplomatic person rather than a rigid, angry, and intolerant person who saw others who did not follow my lead or who criticized my beliefs as a threat to my personal, key word, personal, power. i too had some issues with the family way back when I was a child. my mother is still a wrought up angry person who still takes it out on her kids living in her house still when she can. relating to the last comment - my heart also hurts and sometimes I can barely do yoga postures like the fish posture without being able to breathe. it feels like it is very tender in that area at times and feels sometimes like stabbing. it was the 2nd most affected area when things started changing.

For meditating or doing energy work, even, try looking up crystals that relate to the chakras and gently help open them up and relieve pain and issues in them to help that stuff. lay them over your body (for the crown, right above the head; for the root, in between the legs between the thighs and knees) in the corresponding areas while lying flat on your back and it feels good!

thanks everyone for posting and thank you host adrienne also for sharing. I really appreciate your compilation of this info. working day by day to solve these things. always breathe :) love cecile

Sky King said...

Thanks for sharing. How do you see yourself now after the passing of time? I am having similar pains and I am new to Universe/Source guidance.

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

I just found this post this morning when I finally wondered if the reason for the pain in my solar plexas had something to do with energy and chakras.

Thanks for this great information - I kept thinking "ah ah" through the entire read.

My self esteem has taken a big hit as many people in different areas of my life have characterized me in very unpleasant ways. This has brought up memories of being judged like this by a mother who couldn't decide if she loved or hated me.

It feels so wonderful to have an explanation.

Thank you.

Caneel said...

I have always had problems with my third chakra. As a child I also experience many stomach issues, and it was due to a stressful family situation. Lately I have been meditating alot and trying to open it and I have noticed that while I am clearing it I definitely feel some pain, almost like soreness and I feel very flushed. I stumbled upon your blog post while looking it up, makes sense that it would be clearing past blockages. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I just realized today after this god awful ripping sensation in my stomach that my Solar Plex gets the best of me. Now looking back I have always had self-esteem issues, shyness, not feeling confident or feel confident for a bit then shy away and hide behind my invisible shell. I tend to isolate myself and went through depression. Now with all this new information I look forward in healing all my blockages in my solar plex :) I am very new to opening it up if there any suggestion please I would love the feedback.

Thank you,

Anonymous said...

You didn't have much love growing up... You had a lot of pain from the main sources of love mostly your mom.. You are anxious by nature, you take everything on your nerves...

Anonymous said...

For the past 2 years, I've experienced my chakras awaken. So I know chakras to be true. A week ago, I broke up with a boyfriend and now I have unexplainable abdominal pains, all over, pain, stabbing, now I feel it in my urinary tract. I realize now that I did lose my power, faith and stability. On a whim I looked up chakras and illnesses, and this makes sense. I feel vulnerable, lonely, unloved and a minute away from being homeless. I haven't experienced knowingly, any other chakras other than my heart, brow and crown. I see now I need to work on my solar plex, and change my mode of thinking to something more positive. Thank you for helping me to refocus on myself and not on the outside world.