Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some Rumi

If you could untie your wings and free your soul of jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly up like doves.

When love first tasted the lips of being human it started singing.

I see my beauty in you...a mirror that cannot close its eyes...a moth caught in flame's allure...

There is a moon inside every human being. Learn to be companions with it.

Your soul has become an invisible bee. We don't see it working but there's the full honeycomb.

With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love.

Sometimes I praise love, sometimes love praises me.

The flower of what is true opens in the face.

Love is a language that cannot be said or heard.

Sit with the essence inside love.

A little while alone in your room will prove more valuable...than anything else that could ever be given you.

When the heart has a friend like you, the universe cannot contain their pleasure.

--The Enlightened Rumi by Coleman Barks

1 comment:

Greenwoman said...

Gotta love Rumi. So full of wisdom and beauty. I can't believe I've missed so many posts in the past week. Gotta get caught up! *smiles*