Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

"But I have always preferred getting to know people more slowly."

A friend said this to me recently and it really got me thinking about slowness. I was in the midst of my pain scenario with my teeth and everything in my life was moving in slow motion. Pain, Vicodin, and lack of sleep had really put the brakes on for me. I was walking slowly, eating slowing (trying to eat I should say), talking slowly. Every move I made was slow and calculated. Mindful. I enjoy being mindful. I started contemplating some of the good slow things in life.

Slow Sex--yummy. I have this picture in my office. I like it a lot.

The Slow Food Movement and here.

Kinhin--zen slow walking meditation.
And another take on it which is more my style, not with walking contemplation per se, but the way I move through life in general.


The Tortoise and the Hare



Synonyms for slow:
unhurried, deliberate, gradual, leisurely

I tend to be impatient at times.

I can do slow.

This song came to mind so I posted it below.



No comments: