Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

This last week has been the perfect ending to a great year and 2008 is promising to be even better. On Friday, Jerry's band, Spark-n-Cinder played their traditional after Christmas gig and we had a little party beforehand. Some of my most favorite people showed up including my best friend, Ren, who is living in southern California. Her boyfriend, Dee, used to play with the band and he returned as a featured guest. I danced all night in my red boots with 4 inch heels and wore my feet out. On Saturday another friend came and joined us and it was sweet to spend the day with everyone including my two best friends--the three of us have been playing together for over 23 years.

On Sunday, Ren and I took a little trip up into the foothills and spent the night with another friend who lives on a beautiful piece of land with her 3 dogs. I'm not an animal person but I seem to hook up with a lot of people who are. We had a lovely night together, the three of us cuddling together in the same bed until I got kicked out to make room for the doggies in the morning. Later we soaked in an old cast iron tub that was big enough to hold the three of us and then we went out for breakfast before heading home.

It was my mother's 85th birthday and after our original dining plans fell apart we were able to secure the last table at another restaurant. Afterwards I took her home, helped her into her night clothes and put her new comfy birthday slippers on her feet and kissed her goodnight. She told me what a wonderful time she had and then said, "I feel so alive right now, more alive than I've felt in a long time. Her pleasure made me happy.

When we got home Ren was making brie and puff pastry treats for the New Year's Eve party we were going to. We enjoyed the night with good friends and brought in the new year with music, champagne, and kisses.

Today after Ren and Dee left, Jerry and I took a nice walk. I was feeling grateful and awestruck at the beauty of life in the abundance of nature and couldn't help but take these pictures, trying to capture my experience.

Jerry's been waiting for the tantric New Year's gift I promised him and happily received it today. Here are a couple of links that describe what we were up to for a couple of hours this afternoon. Here and here.

These first three pictures are from trees in my yard. I'm so fortunate to live in the midst of such beauty.














"Awe is the salve that will heal our eyes."
-Rumi, translated by Coleman Barks

2 comments:

Moi said...

Happy New Year!! It sure does feel like 2008 will be grand, yes? Your life feels like an upward spiral. Cool. My wish for both you and Jerry is that it's filled with lots of love, adventures, play, connecting, good times and yummy Tantric sex!

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thanks Gillette! I wish the same for you too. And yes, a grand upward spiral. Very cool.