Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Sexual Energy of Jealousy

I've been contemplating the connection between jealousy and sexual energy. As far as I can ascertain, I've experienced that jealously feels identical to new relationship energy (NRE). Whether it's me with a sexual attraction for a new person in my life, or my partner who is interested and perhaps out on a date with a new person, I feel this giddery sense of anxiousness and my stomach churns. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time and it's difficult for me to focus intently on the tasks at hand, without my mind wandering to thoughts of the objects of my jealousy. I feel my nerves bubbling all over. Perhaps compersion enters the picture at a bit later date, when the new relationship is actually established and one has become comfortable with it.



2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Hmmmm.....I never thought of it feeling the same as NRE. How insightful.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Doesn't it?