Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Our trip to SoCal

Jerry and I drove to Oxnard on Monday. It was about an 8 hour trip. When we got to our motel they were having problems with their Internet service and after struggling to get it working for us in various rooms, they finally moved us into a fancy suite with wireless that worked. The suite was the size of a small apartment with a microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker and a jacuzzi in our living room. Very sweet. We've been visiting with our daughter, her partner and our 14 month old grandson until this afternoon when we headed a half hour north to Santa Barbara to stay with our friends Ren and Dan. My goddaughter who is turning 22 this month is also here and that's a special treat. Tomorrow we get up early in the morning to walk dogs on the beach which I'm not into so much but what the hey, oh the things we do for love! Besides, I'm sure it will be fun. She is babysitting two dogs right now for $50. a day. Not bad if you're a dog person and she definitely is. Here's some pictures of our trip so far. Yoda guides our journey.

I really enjoyed the cloud formations on the trip south.


In downtown Ventura.



Lunch at the Seaward where our daughter used to work. People leave their mark there by defacing one dollar bills and tacking them to the ceiling and walls.







Our grandson at the ocean and my feet with the heart they made.
















Me and Jerry.

3 comments:

Moi said...

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun with those you love!!

Anonymous said...

*smiles* I like the photos. Love the yoda. *winks*

I AM ANOTHER said...

Hi Gillette and Greenwoman. It was a great trip. Lots of fun lovin family and friends and I love Yoda too!