Friday, December 21, 2007

A New Love Interest

I have a new love interest and I guess I've been leery to write about it because I don't want to jinx it. Or perhaps I'm just feeling private. Actually, calling it a "new love interest" sounds premature. What I have is an interest in a new friend that I find myself sexually attracted to and I'm encouraged that there is some possible potential to take things further. I met him last summer and after hanging out with him for awhile I noticed I was attracted to his energy. I'm not often sexually attracted to men other than my husband although I have been noticing it happening more often these days. A few months ago I was in a group of people when I realized that there were 3 men in the room that I was in love with. I considered all of them good friends who hold very special places in my heart. This experience made me very happy.

Anyway, I connected with my new friend and potential (dare I say lover?) again recently and the original charge was still there only stronger. Seeing that I'm a married woman and that most people assume a monogamous mindset, I realized that the onus of responsibility was probably on me to address the issue of my attraction. I sent him an email and invited him to a party saying something to the effect of, hey, I like you and would enjoy more. He responded in kind, more or less, telling me he was pretty open minded and perhaps we could meet up again soon. So there it is. I'm not overly excited at this point but I'm curious and a little scared. I'll be disappointed if this goes nowhere but I'm not counting on it being something more than it is either. What it is, or could be, I don't know. I'm open to finding out though because he seems like a nice guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you...*smiles*

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thank you dearheart.