Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gerda's Passing


My friend Gerda died last night. She was at home with her family and friends. I have a Marzipanstollen (German Fruit Cake with Almond Paste filling) that I picked up, hoping to take by for a visit today. I'll save it for her memorial/celebration of life. Goodbye Gerda. Thank you for all of your sweet gifts, for sharing yourself, your love with me. Here are a few words from an email Gerda sent to me and others awhile before she died:
I will go soon "home", Please do not cry or be sad for me. The time is right here now for me . I will be more happier. So please be also happy for me."

I cry for myself Gerda, and I am happy for you.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

I send you some soft hugs of comfort dear one...Bless you.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thanks sweetie. And I'm good. Really good. I'm glad Gerda isn't suffering anymore and I'm sending her kids lots of soft hugs of comfort too. It's difficult losing a mommy--I can imagine. My time will come soon enough.