Monday, December 3, 2007

A Lovely Weekend And A Crush

I had a lovely weekend. Saturday evening found us up in the foothills at one of our Burningman Peace Campmate's home, celebrating an afterburn gathering. Dinner was scruptious with Chioppino and homemade noodles along with other delectables and lots of wine, chocolate and port. We shared pictures and glowstick jewelery, enjoying one another's company. It was sweet and warm and just what I needed, reconnecting with everyone. It made me happy.

I've been bored lately. Probably the real reason for not blogging. Besides hitting the pavement running ever since our plane hit the tarmac, returning from our Thanksgiving trip back east. I've been going none stop but at the same time I've been feeling restless and unsettled. I have a tendency for boredom and it hit me with a vengeance last week. When I did have a moment to rest I couldn't write, or read or even knit. Zoning out in front of the television was about all I was capable of. I made a mess of my house had no interest in sex either. Until Friday night and the spell was broken. Jerry and I had some nice sexual encounters over the weekend (with each other)and that made me happy too.

Oh, and I have a new crush. I met a man this last summer and really enjoyed his energy and I recently had the opportunity to reconnect with him and I'm very attracted. That's a warm and yummy, excited feeling. And I started knitting and reading and cleaning my house again so I'm feeling back on track, my boredom subsided.

Christmas is coming. My family isn't exchanging gifts this year, thank God. On one hand I love gift giving and receiving and all and yet, especially with my big family, not only the expense, but the time and energy it takes to come up with something for everyone is too much. Besides I don't need more stuff. Who does? We will of course get gifts for the little ones and I actually went out and did that all in one day. I wasn't planning on shopping but I happened to be in a store the other day and I thought, hey, that is sweet... Jerry and I have 14 grandchildren and a niece. I got them all (except the two youngest who are still babies) cute little watches and gloves. Then I bought little Christmas bags to put them in so no gift wrapping either. I'm so proud of myself. Everyone will come to our house and I'll make Christmas Eve dinner for them.

Also, this year we are celebrating one of my nieces passing the bar. She graduated with her Doctor of Juris Prudence a year and a half ago and then passed the bar last January. I had promised her a family celebration but with everyone living so spread out we haven't been able to get us all together so I decided to throw this into the mix. We're all going in on a nice little gift for her.

Today I have several calls to make as I'm helping get the band and hall together for Gerda's memorial service which is looking like it will be next Sunday and Saturday. Saturday for the church service and Sunday for the dance party celebrating her life.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

You sound happy inside yourself Adrienne. Its wonderful to sit with that as I read with you. ((hugs))

I AM ANOTHER said...

It's wonderful for me to sit with it too Greenwoman.