Friday, December 21, 2007

Father Solstice

Happy Winter Solstice!

Well, I think it's today, on the west coast anyway. The most common date and time I've come up with for this year's winter solstice is December 22 at 1:08 am EST which makes it December 21 at 10:08 pm here in California. I suppose that makes today the shortest day and tonight the longest night of the year?

Anyway, it's certainly a day of celebrating along with all of the other holidays occurring at this time such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year's etc. Besides everything else going on in December, my family has something like...let me count...10 birthdays that we celebrate this month and that's not counting baby Jesus. That's also not counting a bunch of friends with birthdays in December either. Two of my boys were born on December 22 so I'll be posting about them tomorrow. For now, brrr, it's cold outside! I feel the chill and it's obvious Father Solstice will arrive tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe....Have a cool Yule....

Oh wait. You already are. Haha.

Ain't I a smaaht ass? LOL!

I AM ANOTHER said...

Hey rootsdown. I didn't recognize that attitude as belonging to you at first--that's impressive!