Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Goodies and Lottsa Love


Busy day. I got up at 7:30 and didn't stop until 9:30. That was 14 hours of almost constant movement. Thank goodness that Jerry offered me a massage or I might still be going. My shoulders were so sore and tight though I just stripped off my clothes and jumped onto the bed. I have so much to do I'm almost tempted to get back up and get busy after resting now for a couple of hours but I'll see how motivated I am after I finish this blog post.

I just finished IMing with a friend--a lover of a lover to be more precise. An agreement had been broken and in the fallout from this some things needed to be addressed and clarified. I wish this communication had transpired before the fact rather than after. It's easy to make assumptions that everything we expect another is communicating to their other lover has actually been communicated. I think it's a good idea for everyone to sit down together and talk about the issues every so often just to make sure that everything is on track, everyone on the same page. This reminds me of scheduling regular maintenance service for your vehicle...which reminds me that my car needs an oil change.

I spent several hours with a couple of my grand kids today and I took them to visit my mom. She had been having a rough day but totally calmed down after we arrived. I brought her chocolate that she loves and then we sat and visited while we watched the kids take turns climbing up and down the floor to ceiling pole by her bed. That kept them occupied for most of the visit.

I've decided to go to sleep. I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is another day and the grand kids are coming back in the morning. We have 10 to 13 adults coming over Christmas Eve and a whole slew of kids. I have another couple of days of none stop movement. On Christmas I get to relax though. We are going to a friend's house for brunch and another friend's house for dinner where we will be cooked for and pampered with all sorts of Christmas goodies and lots of love. God, life is good.

No comments: