Monday, May 26, 2008

Before I Don't

Memorial Day. Relaxing right now. Being in the moment. Jerry is doing yoga. My son's here, watching a potter on You Tube throw bowls. I just cleaned out the refrigerator, washed dishes and mopped the kitchen floor. A friend, SueBee, is coming for dinner. I have no idea what I'm going to make but bread is preparing in the bread machine. I found the bread machine a few days ago at the second hand store around the corner from my house for $5.00 and decided to try it out. I used to bake bread 25 to 35 years ago when my kids were little. That's when I used to make my own yogurt and fruit leather too. I'm not much of a bread eater these days let alone a bread maker but what the hey, I was inspired. Besides, Jerry likes bread a lot, so there. At the store today I found a pre-made package of bread making ingredients for a bread machine. All I needed to add was warm water and oil so I thought I'd give it a try. It's amazing, you just dump everything in the bread machine, shut the lid and push the start button. In a little over 4 hours the bread is done. We shall see. Also, another of my sons baked me a cherry pie and brought it by this morning while we were still in bed (we slept in until after 10:00 both today and yesterday and I haven't done that in forever--yummy.) I had a slice of pie with coffee for breakfast but it will also serve as a nice dessert tonight.

I'm pretty much out of my shutting down/letting go slump. I read excerpts from the book He's Just Not That Into You and it actually helped me. That was a good line from one of the Sex and the City episodes. My life is full and sweet and why ego demands I go down that path sometimes is beyond me.

I'm relieved to be done with my work at the college for the summer. Well, mostly done. I will work for 2 weeks in June and another 2 weeks in July but other than that I'll just be doing my private practice, cleaning house, visiting my mom, going to a couple of music festivals, a few options of traveling here and there, playing with these and those friends, maybe take on a new lover...ha. I'm also in the process of trying to find either a conversion van or a step van of some sort to use for Burningman. I have a new camping set up in mind for this year and I'm hoping to pull it off.

Earlier today Jerry and I took a bunch of stuff to storage and returned other things to friends who had loaned me stuff for the intensive. It felt good to get a bunch of clutter out of the house. While driving around we stopped at the movie theatre to see if we could catch a showing of the new Indiana Jones movie (it is Harrison Ford who is a hottie after all) but all the afternoon shows were sold out.

I'm looking at the clock and wondering what activity to choose to engage in between now and when SueBee arrives. All day I've had tentative plans to walk in the park, meditate, and do yoga (all of the above.) Along with all those other items on my to do list I'm finding the time now for only one and I think meditating is winning out. I'm going to go sit now before I don't.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

I'm wondering how the bread came out...*smiles*

I AM ANOTHER said...

Aw, you're a sweetheart Greenwoman. I was just thinking about you and then came here and found your comment. It turned out great!