Saturday, May 17, 2008

100 Degrees

Before noon today I'd already received two phone calls from my mother asking me to rescue her from her new assisted care home. She was serious. She's spent two nights there. It not that I didn't expect this, I was just hoping that she might relax there for a week before this all started back up again. She is so struggling with her life, disappointed that her "golden years" are not so golden. Growing old is a bitch. I agree. But I think that my experiences with her process are teaching me a lot and I'm thankful for the lessons.

We are having record heat in Chico this weekend. Summer has hit with a vengeance. It was 100 degrees yesterday, 100 today, and is suppose to be 100 tomorrow before dropping into the 90's and then down into the high 80's for a week after that.

I'm leaving for a party in the mountains soon. The weather will be a bit cooler and there is a nice little creek that runs through the property. Looking forward to a cold beer and soaking my feet in the cold water.

Spent some time at the farmer's market this morning, drank some coffee, connected with friends and came home with some asparagus, strawberries and cheese for the party tonight.

This afternoon I visited with my mom, one of my daughters and 3 of my grandchildren. Tried to get a few things straigthend out at the assisted care home...

2 comments:

Moi said...

OH, Sweetie...thinking of you and sending much love your way...for the heat and especially Mom.

Greenwoman said...

Wow...that's damned hot. I wonder if we will see such heat this year.

Sending you some hugs too.