Monday, August 6, 2007

Packed Full Day


The man burns in 26 days! We have Dyad Communication Evening at our house tomorrow night and then I leave to monitor for an Enlightenment Intensive on Thursday and return home on Monday. I start back to work at the college the next Monday and then six days later (20 days from today) we leave for Burningman. Wow, that's a whirlwind of activity and I have so much to get done it boggles my mind. Here are some more Burningman pictures for you.

My best friend Ren had to back out coming to Burningman with us for what was to be her "virgin burn" (first time) which was disappointing. The good news in that another friend who is also a virgin, bought her ticket and he is coming to camp with us. He is also going to carry our water this year which is a huge luxury. I have some very cool new playa clothes and our camp set up is awesome. Jerry and I spent about 3 hours in the heat on Saturday zip tying our camouflage sunscreen and making sure everything would work the way I had envisioned it. I've also volunteered to work with MAPS this year at sanctuary, which serves as a haven for people experiencing bad drug trips to take refuge.


Today was packed full of fun and craziness. First thing in the morning my daughter phoned because my mother had called her concerned because she though there was someone in her house. I called her to see what was up and indeed she told me there was a woman hiding in her back porch closet. I'm getting better at not buying into my mother's head space and taking these types of situations as emergencies and I just told her that there was no one there but that I would look in the closet to make sure when I arrived later. I gave myself a couple of hours to take care of my morning and when I arrived she was fine and upon checking I found no one in the closet. I went on with my day, met a friend for coffee and then took my mom to the doctor. On the way home we stopped at a medical supply store and bought her a lift chair because it's getting so difficult for her to lift herself out of her chair.

I saw a client and then Jerry and I watched a video of a Tatagata Tea Ceremony that my friend loaned me. It was really wonderful and inspiring as this is the tea ceremony I'm taking to the playa this year. My tea room is fabulous too! Jerry and I went and eat Thai food for dinner. Afterwards I went to my Juicy Women's Group. Waiting at the door of my office was a container full of leather scraps that my friend Sharon, who makes moccasins left for me. Soon those scraps will be transformed into some beautiful implements...

Ana entertained us with more of her sexual history and I just feel so blessed to be a part of his lovely group of juicy women. Home with Jerry now, some lovely intimate interaction and now he's reading and I'm blogging. I'm going to head off to the Burningman site before I go to sleep and read about some of this year's theme camps.

This last picture is from one of last year's theme camps, Ashram Galactica. They are a group of people mostly from L.A. I believe, although we've become friends with the chef and he lives in San Rafael. Each night last year they served two sets of 14 guests each these fantastic 7 course Morrocan meals. Jerry and I were fortunate to be invited into one of these dinners. This year I hear they are doing Tapas style. Yum, can't wait.

No comments: