Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nothing Brilliant


I apoligize for not posting more lately but I've been too busy living my life. I want to blog but I've been busy everyday until I'm bone tired and can't keep my eyes open. We leave for the playa in 5 days! It's a gathering and packing and shopping and listing and figuring it all out with camp mates frenzy. Half of the joy of Burningman is the preparation. It's a lot of work but worth it. Tonight as I kissed my mom goodnight she said to me, "You work hard to play." Yes indeed.

In the midst of all this I've started back to work this week at the community college too. And I've been trying to get my mom hooked up with home health care and taking care of a variety of her other needs as well as my own.

Life is good. I'll be back with some incredible Burningman stories soon too. Well, I'll post more before I leave but don't expect anything brilliant from me these days. Sorry.

But Rob Brezsny gifted my in-box tonight and he offered this which is brilliant:
"A religious person is one who contributes to the world some beauty,
some joy, some happiness, some celebration that was not there before."-Osho
And a quote from Rob's book,PRONOIA IS THE ANTIDOTE FOR PARANOIA:
How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings.
Man in his present state has as much desire to urinate as he has
to make vows to Artemis," says Edward Dahlberg in *The Sorrows of
Priapus.* In other words, most modern humans have no relationship with
wild female deities, nor would they ever conceive of a reason why that
might be fun or inspiring. But some of us know that Artemis is not
dead,is not just a figment of the archaic Greek mind. She is a living
archetype of wild but nurturing female energy. Goddess of the ever-changing moon,
strong protectress of the undomesticated soul, she gives sanctuary to
all who prize liberated fertility. Make a vow to her.
I vow to Shewhobehot, a living archetype of wild and nurturing female energy, strong protectress of the undomesticated soul,sanctuary to liberated fertility--to release my rebel lover Shewhobehot. To create sanctuary for her and for the rebel lover in others.

3 comments:

Greenwoman said...

I love that...Shewhobehot...how wonderful an image! And I love the final image. That's the best Sheila na gig I have ever seen. They are usually just absolutely ugly!!! Can I steal it? *grins*

I AM ANOTHER said...

Hi Greenwoman. Rob Brezsny gave me that name--or it came to me at one of his ritual celebrations and he christened me with it. Something like that. Of course you can steal it, I did.

I AM ANOTHER said...

steal the Sheila na gig I mean!