Friday, August 17, 2007

Another Day


We leave for the playa in nine days! Driving to Reno next Sunday, spending the night at the Sands Hotel and then up at 4:00 am to head out to the playa. If I recall correctly it's approximately a two and one half hour drive from Reno, going 45 mph. Our sweet little 6 cylinder Honda Accord treats us well pulling so much weight so we try to baby her as much as we can. Fortunately our friend, Patrick, is coming with us this year and will be hauling a good portion of our weight. This is his virgin year and I'm happy to be helping to initiate a virgin. Burningman is such a special treat.

Wow, what a day. Another one. Up at 7:15 to drive into the mountains for a dyad communication with my friend and he wasn't home! Damn. He forgot about me. I picked a flower for the beautiful marble Buddha that sits in his garden and drove home. I had a dozen errands to run again today, including picking up a raised toilet seat with handles for my mom. My daughter-in-law has been spending a lot of time with her lately so I left it for her to install. I'm so appreciative of the many willing and helping hands available at this point in her life. I picked up some flea medicine for my kitty and applied it the best I could while Jerry helped to keep her from biting and scratching me. She was born a feral cat in the park and has her birthday the same day and year as my eldest grand baby who will turn ten years old in one week. In fact, another thing I accomplished today was wrapping all of her presents to send off to her in the mail on Monday. She is my sweetheart girl. Happy birthday Lulu, aka Lew, LuLu Bell and Buddhalu.

I'm decorating a pair of jeans for Burningman and I worked on them a bit today too. I'm really liking the way they are turning out. I've done all I can on them with the sewing machine and now I need to get out the needle and thread and complete the rest by hand. They will keep me warm and in playa style at night.

I connected with my friend later in the day for our Janus Dyad and it was powerful. Jerry and I walked to our favorite Thai restaurant for dinner and then may a sweep through the city plaza to check out the Friday Night Concert in the Park. Right now, Jerry is standing in front of me, holding our youngest grandchild who is 9 months old who is sleeping in his arms. As soon as I'm finished blogging we are watching a movie, The Good German, with George Clooney and Kate Blanchett. I really like both these actors. Isn't George Clooney a looker?


Edited: This wasn't a "bad" movie but not one I would recommend either. It was very "slow". Done in an interesting, old fashioned black and white style though.

No comments: