Monday, April 28, 2008

In Love

I've been too busy to post. Day in, day out, busy. So much going on in my life. Lots of distraction that's keeping me away from my blog. Life is happening. My Enlightenment Intensive starts in three days. Jerry, Patrick and I went shopping at Trader Joe's tonight for some of the food. That was just a tiny piece of all of we've been getting together. I must say that it feels more and more perfect the closer it gets. It's been a lot of work with lots more to come but it's making me very happy. Also, I'm so appreciative for all the help from many generous friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I feel very loved.

Saturday was the International Music Festival here in Chico so lots of good music and performances were happening. On Saturday night, Jerry and I, along with a sweet new friend, went out dancing to Orchestra Gitano, a hot salsa band from Santa Cruz. Later we went and checked out The Loyd Family Players, many of whom are good friends of ours. Talk about some incredible percussion! Jerry plays with them now and again whenever he gets the chance. I took this from their website:
Born in Chico, raised up at Burning Man, and brought to urban fruition in Oakland's Mosswood Park and Lower Bottoms, the Loyd Family Players take the pulse of traditional Brazilian samba and twist it into a loud, sweaty, sexy muss that's all their very own. The ten-to-twenty-person coed percussion performance troupe swipes elements from hip-hop, dancehall, punk rock, drum n'bass, summer camp ... anything goes. With members hailing from such exotic locales as England, Brazil, Rome, Peru, Antarctica, St. Louis and Long Island, the Loyds are a foxy, unstoppable (and unstoppably foxy) dance machine.
My mother is fairly loony these days, anxious and needing lots of my attention. Poor thing. She is looking for the magic pill to fix her and it's not going to happen. Well, what do I know? Maybe she will fine her magic pill...that would be sweet. My children have been godsends, really kicking in and helping take care of their gramma. I am so grateful to them all. Both my brother and sister live out of town and quite frankly, I don't know what I'd be doing without my kids. We could have never kept her at home for this long, that's for sure. It's time for her to move into assisted care now, so the intention is for the perfect one to open up for her at the perfect time in the perfect way--wherever, whenever, however that may be. Sooner than later I hope but not until my Intensive is over. My mom is getting funny. Older people with dementia often start forgetting their own children and reverting to the memories of their childhood. My mother still remembers us but she has taken to calling me Vyonne, which is her older sister's name. The other day she took exception when she heard me call my son, "son". She said, "you're not his mom, you're my mom."

One of my best friends is going through a lot right now and I'm concerned for her. She's OK and all, a strong and powerful woman doing her thing, but there is intense life/heart stuff up for her and she's on my mind and stirring around lots of energy in my own heart.

My youngest is getting ready to flee the nest (he's 21) and that's a good thing I suppose, and believe me, I never in my life thought I would be one of those mother's who is affected by empty nest syndrome, but I definitely have some fear of it coming up for me. Hey, I've had a least one kid in the house for almost 37 years! Kind of makes me sad and lonely and he hasn't even left yet. Hey, he's my baby, what can I say? Besides, he's a nice young man and I enjoy having him around, even though he's a fairly lousy roommate in regards to cleaning his bathroom and taking out the recycling. He's the last of our 9 kids to take flight. I know I'm going to miss him. I'm glad he's stayed around as long as he has. Warms my heart.

So, that's it for now. I'm thinking of all of you that I know read this blog and I'm loving you, appreciating you for all of your attention and affections. Some of you I'm intending to connect with soon but it will probably take until after my Intensive. I'll be getting back in the swing of other aspects of my life after Monday of next week and believe me, I have a lot of catching up to do. I will definitely have a post of the Intensive coming up. I might post again before I leave on Thursday but I may not have a chance. Besides everything else I also have 80 plus cookies to bake. Yummy.

Happy Birthday Rebecca!

In love and to be continued...

2 comments:

Bx said...

Thanks, Darlin'! Had such a wonderful wonderful birthday weekend. Still so happy from it all (although more than a little tired!).

Holding you in the light as your big weekend approaches...

bx

Greenwoman said...

Well that's a full and very happy plate. ((hugs))You sound good.