Thursday, October 25, 2007

Women For Women International

It's been in my mind to donate some money to a non-profit organization. Not lots of money, just something. Over the years I've been aware the power of tithing and at times I've tithed 10% of my income. I'm very open minded about tithing and who is worthy of receiving my donations. It might be a pan-handler on the street or a waitress in a restaurant. Sometimes it's my children that I tithe to. Not that I'm overly generous with my kids, they would probably tell you I'm selfish. Sometimes I don't tithe at all but when that goes on for too long I start feeling unappreciative and greedy. There are an abundance of worthwhile organizations and here is one I was inspired to gift today--Women for Women International (WFWI). It's a great time to send them a donation because they have a donor who is matching every gift they receive, dollar for dollar, until October 31st.

You can check out their website (and also make a donation there) by clicking on their name above and/or read what wikipedia has to say about them here. You can also watch a video from their website here and/or watch the video I've posted from youtube below. The video below is a short clip of Zainab Salbi, who is the Founder and CEO, Women for Women International.

No comments: