Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Check This Out

I receive weekly inspirations in my email from Debbie Ford. I think she is offering some valuable stuff to the world.

A young girl asks a wise old woman, "How does one become a butterfly?"
With a twinkle in her eye, the old woman replies, "You must be willing to give up being a caterpillar."

"Each of us has a story about our life that either empowers us or disempowers us; that opens us up to new possibilities or shuts us down. At its highest, our story exists to teach us, to help us grow, to evolve our soul. But instead we make the mistake of allowing it to define us and dictate the course of our life. Even though we have the ability to gaze outside our story and view the world around us, too often we stay safely trapped inside, comfortable with the familiar terrain, bound by a belief that no matter what we do, think, or say, we can go no further. Our story keeps us apart even while we are begging to belong and fit in. It drains our life force, leaving us physically tired and emotionally weary. And if that's not bad enough, the weight of our story breeds resentment, feeds resignation and hopelessness, and guarantees our fate. When we live as though we are trapped inside of it, we inevitably engage in the self-sabotaging behaviors that rob us of our real power and joy."

Here is another link to Debbie and her sister Arielle and links to purchase Debbie's books. I've read Spiritual Divorce and the Dark Side of the Light Chasers and would highly recommend both of them.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

The books sound good.

Hope you are feeling a little more emotionally peaceful today. *smiles*

I AM ANOTHER said...

I'm pretty good tonight. Had a couple of nice dyads, a cup of tea, my house is clean. Feeling a bit unsettled do to the lack of my ability to resolve this right now. My ego is being forced to wait. I keep thinking of all the ways in which I adore my friend who I was so angry with. Thank you Greenwoman