Friday, October 12, 2007

Where I Am With You



John and Cris are two of my favorite people and it seems apropos to give them an honorable mention on Jerry's and my anniversary as they have sustained their relationship for several decades. John makes these wonderful little desk calendars,delivering them as gifts on New Years Day. Throughout the year he collects poems from famous authors, and quirky sayings from friends as well as some of his own musings. Today the calendar, which sits on a shelf above the kitchen sink, reads:
Where I Am With You

Waking from a nap, we stand at the window watching dark clouds crawl across the sky, whip state-sized wisps down and out and up.
Lights come on early, and people below on the street scurry and bumble about
My arm around you, you say--
Let it rain, let it pour.


And I just had to post this special gift from my comments here:
Soulstrirrer said...
On this autumn morning
awakened by my Songbird's gentle tug
and tune,
the rustle of the leaves
and the shudder of the bedsheets.
was it reality or just a dream?

the pungent smell of Yoni on my finger.
Indeed

No comments: