Friday, October 12, 2007

I Weep For That

Rumi by Coleman Barks--The Most Alive Moment

the most alive moment comes when those who love each other meet each other's eyes
and in what flows between them, then

to see your face in a crowd of others or alone on a frightening street
i weep for that
our tears improve the earth

the time you scolded me
your gratitude, your laughing
always your qualities increase the soul

seeing you is a wine that does not muddle or numb
we sit inside the cypress shadow
where amazement and clear thought twine their slow growth into us

the most alive moment comes when those who love each other meet each other's eyes
and in what flows between them, then

to see your face in a crowd of others or alone on a frightening street
i weep for that


Happy Anniversary baby, you stir my soul.

I have a fondness towards committment and the ability to sustain a long-term relationship. I never wanted to fall into a default commitment with you, nochalantly staying married simply because we were already married. As today commemorates 14 years of loving you, 11 years as your wife, I find myself contemplating our union and intending to experience the truth of self (me) and another (you) as a married couple (us). As I open to this truth, my mouth forms into a smile and a surge of energy expands my heart. You bring me passion and pleasure, comfort and companionship. You are my lover and my best friend. I adore our pair bond and honor what we have created together. I think we have something special going on.

I like the way we slow down each year at this time, assessing what's working or not working in our relationship. It feels very in sync with the autumn season and with my own inner flow. I like that we make conscious decisions about renewing our vows and have changed them each year to reflect our own personal evolution as well as the changes we've created in our relationship. I'm glad we don't take our partnership for granted. It's a gift and I feel very blessed having you in my life. I'm looking ahead into the new year--our 15th year together as a pair bond, imagining many new adventures for us. So, with this in mind...
I've been thinking of HandFasting Ceremonies

There is all sorts of cool and kinky symbolism that can be performed in these ceremonies. I have a idea for a ritual I'd like to do with you...

Here is a HandFasting Blessing I found that I adapted a bit:

Above us is the sky,
below us the earth.
Like the sky, let our love be free,
and full of movement and change.
Like the earth, let our love be solid, firm and nourishing.
Let us give our hearts and remember our love and commitment to each other.
Let us make love often and be passionate with one another.
Let us walk the path of life together,
remembering that the bond of friendship is the strongest between us.

I promise to be your companion, friend and lover. I
offer it to you as I offer you this vow:

I will be honest and open with you
always; I will strive for your well-being and happiness. Whatever life presents
to you, it presents to me also.

Your soul has become part of my soul, your heart
part of my heart, your life joined with mine.

A prophet once spoke of love as both joy and sorrow, growth and pruning.
He said that if in fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure
then it's best you pass out of loves' threshing floor into a seasonless world
where you shall laugh but not with all your laughter, and you shall weep, but
not with all your tears.

What's a Pagan Love Ritual Without Inviting In the Elements?

Earth: The pentacle is the symbol of earth: the element of endurance, of the
understanding that cannot be shaken and the power of steadfast commitment.





Air: This athame is the symbol of air: the element of freedom, of the intellect,
of the inspiration that moves us all onward with the power of intelligent choices.




Water: This chalice is the symbol of water: the element of love, of growth, of
the sharing of emotion and the power of desire and respect.




Fire: This wand is the symbol of fire: the element of light, of energy, of the
vitality that runs through your veins and the power of passionate energy.

4 comments:

Greenwoman said...

Wow! What a gorgeous athame! And some lovely heartful writing! Beautiful!

Thanks for all the supportive words on my blog...I really appreciate it. *smiles*

I AM ANOTHER said...

I appreciate you Greenwoman. Blessings.

Pagan Topologist said...

That is beautiful, indeed. May anyone use it in a handfasting, opr must we ask your explicit permission?

I AM ANOTHER said...

I would imagine that anyone can use it but it's not my permission you would need to ask anyway. As I said, I found it and adapted it just a bit. Yes, it is beautiful.