Monday, September 10, 2007

Quite The Day

Wow. Yesterday was quite the day. Up at 7:00 and at work at the college by 8:00. It was a fairly busy day with students although the first of year rush as slowed down a lot. I finished work and then met with a friend at 4:30 for a beer to discuss various topics such as the freedom and creativity that Burningman inspires, polyamory, and jealousy as manipulation. My women's financial group met at 5:30 and we mostly discussed the pros and cons of disbanding. I hope we stay together but I didn't feel as if I had a very strong voice to offer as I haven't been putting much (if any) work into the group myself. I was secretary for the first year and took my job seriously but after than I resigned and just haven't had much to offer since then except appreciation and to research a few stocks here and there and show up for most of the monthly meetings with my investment money. We've been going for almost six years now.

From 6:45 to 9:30 my Juicy Women's group met. The women were pretty darn juicy too. Randi told us about the Summer of Love Fest and her 25 year bi-sexual loving relationship with her good friend. Pema reported how things continue to improve in her relationship with her lover and also of her polyamorous nature and her questions about the complications of living a polyamorous life. Molly is very focused and diligently editing her book. Lena is working on her house and getting some sexual loving from an old friend. She told a sweet story of the altar she has created of various lovers she has had over the years. Ana entertained us with various Burningman stories about public sex, validation, openhearted connections and her own sexual encounters which have followed her back into the default world. I shared a little about some of my Burningman highlights including my tea ceremony and the beautiful Ranger I encountered on the dusty road for a delightful and spontaneous mini make out session. Our check ins lasted so long that Ana only had the chance to share one brief but powerful sexual encounter as part of her sexual history.

Here are some more Burningman pics for you to enjoy.

I couldn't have asked for a better camp or more lovely campmates.

This is the tea room, behind the bikes. There was a yoga ball in there to stretch on and it made a nice space for napping in the afternoon.

A wonderful woman was looking for a camp with energy like ours to gift with this poster. She ended up staying for tea ceremony and also gifted us with some poetic spoken word.
Our address--We were at the corner of F and Eight.

Another view of Peace Camp
I can't remember where this was located but I liked it so snapped a pic.

No comments: