Thursday, September 6, 2007

The GreenMan--so nice, we burned him twice!


Isn't Yoda a quintessential Green Man? He was our guide all the way to the playa and then home again--oh, well the playa was home. And what a welcome it was!

I'm back and I hope to eventually return to some insightful musings with some substance. For now I'm still tired and dealing with playa skin which is red and inflamed from the wind, sun and dust. My lips are still chapped too. Was it worth it? You betch ya. But the default world has hit me pretty hard since my return.

My mommy isn't doing so well and I'm seriously investigating care homes. I've found one I like but they have a waiting list. My daughter and her girlfriend have basically moved in with her, bless their hearts. I have a home health care agency visit scheduled for next week.

I have some stories and pics to share. Jerry and I shared space in Peace Camp with eight other lovely folks. What awesome campmates. We connected with many incredible people with open heartminds, folks who are doing some intriguing things out and about in the default world.

For now, here are a few pics for your enjoyment.

This is the camp where people had the opportunity to share their secrets in a variety of forms. The secret board was popular. I was told that I should be stapled to the board as a secret. Although I found the comment sweet and endearing I don't want to be anyone's secret. Before last year's burn I had a friend tell me, "What happens in the desert, stays in the desert." I didn't like the sound of that when I heard it. I want to bring Burningman home with me. I don't want to deny my true self for fear of rejection. I want to let the world read my secrets. Thus this blog. I intend to claim my true self, more and more each day. If you are my friend, my hope is that you will be willing claim me publicly also. But as the secret below states, we all have our weaknesses, and those tender underbellies need to be treated gently also.



No comments: