Thursday, September 27, 2007

I AM

I realize the week has slipped by and I haven't blogged. I've been busy yes. But also, my life is so full of living the mundane right now that I think I'm choosing not to relive it late at night when I could rather be sleeping.

Everything isn't horrible and I actually feel blessed by so much but...

I'm working four days a week at the college rather than three days due to all the play time I've taken off and that makes me cranky--I'm kinda sorta speaking tongue-in-cheek- here, but not really. Actually...oh, how can I get myself out of this one? Well, what I say is true and yet they are so good to me and like I said, I'm blessed.

OK, this is awful--my whole body is bitten up by fleas. My house is infested and I'm mortified. Besides that, the bites hurt, and itch. I've treated the cat and also kept her outside, washed and scrubbed everything over and over and damn it, no one else in the house is getting bit! Jerry almost had me believing we didn't have fleas at all and I was thinking I had some strange skin condition until last night when he found a monster flea on our bed. So this morning I'm washing everything again and putting it all away and then we are leaving for four days and I'm going to let one of those poison flea bombs off in the house. I hate the thought of it and have been resisting it but I just don't know what else to do.

My mother is doing poorly and I'm concerned with all that entails in the short run and the long run. Again, my daughter and daughter in-law have been life savers in helping care for her. A couple of my kids are doing very poorly and I'm sad over this. I've written about my mom and her Alzheimer's before but my kids, shit, I'm not putting that stuff in my blog--not right now--too vulnerable for me and besides, their privacy and all. But damn, it's wearing me out.

But again, I can't help but return to realizing how truly blessed I am. I mean, I'm so loved and supported in my life along with everything else--and believe me, I haven't mentioned the half of it!

Last night I met with all of my Juicy Women and they are such a special bunch and I'm so grateful to have their wise, sexy, womanliness in my life right now. Ana shared more of her sexual history and I swear, that woman never ceases to amaze me. Pema too, she's in the midst of some intense inner work right now and she's soaring. And Randi, Lena, Molly...I just give thanks for their presence in my life.

Also, more good news is that Jerry and I are leaving at 1:00 today for a 3 day Enlightenment Intensive (EI) in Geyserville. It's being held at a strange, very strange, but wonderful place called The Isis Oasis. Jerry is participating and I'm monitoring which I'm really looking forward to. This will be the second EI I've monitored and some of my most favorite EI people will be there. After the EI, on Sunday night, Jerry and I have reservations at Harbin Hot Springs and we will be staying at the domes. The domes are part of the Watsu Center there and although we've been to Harbin many times, we've never stayed at the domes before and I'm very excited.

I'll be back home on Monday and I'll blog about my experiences over the weekend. Oh, did you notice that I'm not working 4 days this week, nor next, because I'm busy playing? And I have the nerve to get cranky? Well I'm not cranky really, tired sometimes. Maybe I need to play less and sleep more? Forget that, it never worked for me, even when I was a full time student. I'd work, play, study, take care of my kids and drink coffee rather than sleep. Truthfully, I do take fairly good care of myself...I think I'm in an odd mood right now.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Be happy. Love and be loved. I am.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

bring the cat back inside!

if you've treated the cat with a monthly application that kills the fleas and makes them sterile, then the fleas will go away fairly quickly. You are not food to fleas, but with the cat outside, you are the warm flesh they gravitate to.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Thanks Heidi. Yes, I thought of that...it makes sense. Thanks for the tip. I need to treat the cat again now and finish cleaning really good and then let her back it. I did the flea bomb, I just couldn't take it anymore. Hopefully they are gone now.