Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Me Sickie

After working at the college all day yesterday with a stuffed up head, weepy eyes, itching ears and throat along with incessant sneezing, I headed over to my mother's to visit with her for awhile, making sure she had dinner and her took her meds. I then gratefully arrived home to Jerry who was waiting for me with dinner. He had band practice so he was soon gone and I actually picked up around the house a little before I hit the couch for about three hours to relax before falling off to some much needed sleep.

Sleep was not to come though. As soon as I crawled into bed and curled up next to Jerry, I noticed that the pain in my solar plexus had returned. I tried breathing into it, hoping that I would be allowed the sweet respite of falling unconscious but I received no mercy. After repeating the same cycle as two nights ago (which I blogged about here) I was finally able to slip off into sleep at 6:30 a.m. Sweet Jesus.

Jerry kissed me goodbye as he left for work at 7:30 and I called the office letting them know I wouldn't be in today. If I wasn't so darn sick with this cold I probably would have pulled myself up by my tenacious will and headed off to work but with another sleepless night under my belt I just didn't want to go...so I didn't.

I slept to 11:00 and then brushed my teeth and hair, washed my face and headed down to the coffee shop for some nourishment. I brought my computer with me so here I am, so tired that I'm sitting here blogging because I can't imagine undertaking the arduous five block walk back to my bed.

2 comments:

They call him James Ure said...

Yucky. I'm sending you my purple healing light that I emit when I feel compassion for someone. :)

I AM ANOTHER said...

You are a sweetheart James. Thank you.