Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I Hear The Ring

Happy 4th of July
Let Freedom Ring!

The forecast is for 102 degrees today in Chico, California.

And thanks to Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology--my horoscope for my birthday week:


CANCER (June 21-July 22):
A reader named Michael McCarthy wrote to say he plans to start a new religion, the "First Church of the Rude Awakening." It will be based on the principle that having a pleasant life cannot serve as a motivation to seek enlightenment and salvation.McCarthy believes that no one ever bolts up out of bed one morning and says, "I'm so happy, I think I'll go meditate and pray and make myself into a better person for as long as it takes, so I can find God and say THANKS." Even if his theory is true (which I doubt), you Cancerians will be an exception to it in the coming weeks. I bet you'll have a series of epiphanies precisely because you're in an excellent mood, leading you to embark on a groundbreaking new phase of spiritual exploration.
I've walked with Pamm in the park, enjoyed a soy matcha latte,
meditated,and read a couple of chapters in Foolsgold.
Now I'm most interested in avoiding the pile of papers on my
dining room table that need to be sorted through and filed.
I'm a little antsy and...

So I'm off into my day, open to those epiphanies that will lead me into that groundbreaking new phase of spiritual exploration.

No comments: