Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Dalai Lama and Me





This is a clip of the "Dalai Lama Renaissance", a documentary with Harrison Ford.

Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama was celebrating his 19th birthday the day I was born. I like that thought and I think it's auspicious don't you?

Ok, listen, I have a secret...George W. Bush also shares our day. And no, I'm not going to post a picture of him, or some You Tube video of him saying stupid things. Poly or not, I get to pick my partners and I'm just not into having a 3-way to celebrate my birthday. This post is for just the two of us, the Dalai Lama and me. There is something very sweet and special about pair-bonding don't you think? And a poly girl gets to pair bond with more than just one. It's nice to make special time to be alone with each partner/companion even though I enjoy being together in groups of three or more too.


Of course The Buddha is invited to this party too. Well, there you go, I guess that is everyone then. The Buddha is all inclusive. Better to not be exclusive for my birthday celebration--which by the way, lasts throughout the entire month of July.

Also by the way, it was They Call Him James URE at The Buddhist Blog who reminded me that the Dalai Lama and I share the same birthday. I used one his favorite pictures of Tenzin Gyatso, here on my blog too.

Aren't prayer flags just lovely? I have them on my front porch and I also just ordered 81 feet of them to go around our whole space at BurningMan. We were invited to be a part of Peace Camp this year and I've also volunteered to work at Santuary with MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm so stoked. I did my first shopping trip for BurningMan yesterday and I found some very cool mats for the tea ceremonies I will be offering. But I digress...


Another trailer. Ten Questions for the Dalai Lama

No comments: