Monday, July 16, 2007

California World Fest

Camouflage mandala that graced the inside top of our shade structure.

I'm home and tired and sunburned and still have the car and ice chest to unload but here are some California World Fest Pictures.










Very tall pine trees I love to look up at when I'm lying down and listening to the music relaxing.

This was just about the cutest baby I've ever seen and his parents were just as adorable. Momma had these beautiful tattoos that covered her arms like sleeves. I spend a good amount of time just watching this sweet little family.













This is my eldest granddaughter Buddha Lu, aka Lulu. There is always a great samba parade around the whole festival on Saturday evening. Jerry always plays music for this. This year my daughter came for the first time and camped with her three kids. It was really special having them there.














Umbrella mandala in the parade.








Frankly I was a bit surprised when I discovered this display of BDSM happening after the parade, right out in the open. I never figured this as much of a kink friendly festival before. Ya just never no about people...er, or dragons.

Festival butt.






This is our shade structure. I have a new idea for BurningMan this year and this was a great opportunity to check it out a bit. We will have three of these structures set up in an L shape and of course everything will be staked and tied down like crazy. The tent will reside under one structure, our living space under another and the third will be for tea ceremony, yoga, whatever. More camouflage netting etc. for a thicker cover and all but I feel encouraged that's it's going to work just fine. It was so wonderful pulling all the camping gear out and being covered with playa dust. Oh that feel and smell, I've been missing it so. Can't wait.









Inside the shade structure at night. I'm going to sew these particular prayer flags into a skirt that I'll be wearing at BurningMan.










This is a new Buddha head that came home with me from the festival. It's made out of lava rock from a sacred site in Bali.













Festival foot.



















Festival breasts.





Tommy Emmanuel
is a guitar virtuoso. He was very personable and had some very hot licks. Sweet guy. He reminds me of my friend Dana who is quite the incredible guitarist himself, and I swear they look like each other and have lots of the same mannerisms too. He's the last performance we saw before heading home on Sunday. We were tired puppies and then Jerry had a gig a few hours after we got home. He's playing in the band for the musical Blackbird Sings. Shakespeare In The Park puts it on every year here in Chico and it's about one of the best performances I've seen locally. We are fortunate to have just great talent.

There was lots of good music this year at the festival and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves although nothing really grabbed us as the highlight like in previous years.

4 comments:

Pamm said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all and I'm so glad you got to spend time with your grandbabies.

I AM ANOTHER said...

Yep. Me too!

They call him James Ure said...

Love the prayer flag skirt idea. I get so much peace from watching our prayer flags flap in the breeze sending out positive vibes to all you see them wave.

I like to think that our birds are getting good energy from them as they feed on the feeder and that perhaps because of that they will be reborn as humans where they can realize liberation from the cycle of birth and death.

I am happy for you that you had such a wonderful time. I'd love to do Burning Man but I'm too worried that I'd have one of my schizophrenic episode there.

I AM ANOTHER said...

hey james ure, Yes, prayer flags are the best medicine.

As for Burningman...well it's important that we are aware of our triggers yes? We all have our limitations and Burningman is a very intense space. If you have anything you would like have placed on the altar for the temple burn on Sunday night I will gladly place that intention there for you. Just post a comment or send me an email and I will print it out and take it on my journey with me.

Blessings.