Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Anam Cara

Patrick,
Happy Birthday Soul Friend. As a lover in the a dyad at the Love Intensive said to me yesterday, "The eyes don't lie."

Your presence in my life has taught me much about love and friendship. I hold your beauty and accept you as you are. Your light awakens me to my true nature. Thank you for coming into my life my sweet anam cara.

From John O'Donohue's book, Anam Cara:

Human presence is a creative and turbulent sacrament, a visible sign of
invisible grace. Nowhere is there such intimate and frightening access to the
mysterious. Friendship is the sweet grace that liberates us to approach,
recognize, and inhabit this adventure.

It is strange to be here. The mystery never leaves you alone. . . . We take each
other's sounds and make patterns, predictions, benedictions, and blasphemies.
Each day, our tribe of language holds what we call the world together. Yet the
uttering of the word reveals how each of us relentlessly creates. Everyone is an
artist. Each person brings sound out of silence and coaxes the invisible to
become visible.

No comments: