Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice 2007

Have a wonderful summer solstice everyone. I encourage you to do something to honor this holy day. I'm remembering some of the chants my circle of friends used to always sing and that I still love:
I am a hollow bamboo, open up my heart and let my light shine through. Shine through, a hollow bamboo, open up my heart and let my light shine through.

I am a hollow bamboo, open up my heart and let my love shine through. Shine through, a hollow bamboo, open up my heart and let my love shine through.
And...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.
Or as my son, Nimai, liked to sing it when he was little...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my love.
Blessings.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

I love that second lyric for that traditional song...I was just singing it last night as a matter of fact. *grins*

I've not heard that first one before. It sounds lovely!

I AM ANOTHER said...

I used to known so many of those wonderful little songs by heart, back in the day. These were two of my favorites that I still remember. The hollow bamboo one is lovely. They all are!